Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End of the Holiday Parties

All I can say is WOW!  This is one pooped Miller family.  Thank goodness I'm off between Christmas & New Year's to recoup.  Poor Randy on the other hand has to work.  The mom & dad-in-law left this morning.  So it's just Evann & mommy who are left to put all this Christmas decor away.  So we ended our celebrations with a few last visits, one being to the Miller family on Christmas Eve.  We hadn't seen that family in several years so it was great to catch up.  Christmas day is sacred & I won't allow anyone to take it from Evann (or me).  So we spend the entire day in our jammies, open gifts & eat all day.... which is exactly what we did.  Randy, Evann & I were not alone tho... house full with the in-laws staying with us.  The day after Christmas we topped the holiday's off with a trip to my dad's house, then off to the Lindemann's.  Aren't you tired just reading this??  Lord, I am!!  I've done more cooking, cleaning, laundry and dressing up than anyone cares to do & poof.... it's over in a blink.  I will say, Christmas really is a kids holiday.  It's so much fun with Evann around.  And he must have been good this year because Santa brought him everything on his list, then some.  His favorites are the HUGE crane, pillow pet, air craft carrier & number of Star Wars ships (including yoda, darth vader & a clone trooper).  Guess it's time to relax a little before heading back to school and work.  Through it all, Evann was wonderful.  He kept chugging along, no naps & was a pretty sweet kid.  It's all the present a mother needs really!  MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Evann & I made a little snowman

Scott Miller reading "The Night Before Christmas" to the kids on Christmas Eve

Santa must have a BIG sleigh

Evann taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him

Some of the great-grandkids on the Lindemann side

Cute baby Carter


Carter's a big ham for the camera

Grandpa & Evann read airplane books

No comments:

Post a Comment